How to Clean Aerogarden?
Is your Aerogarden dirty or clogged? See how to clean it properly.
How to clean Aerogarden while growing plants?
- Once a week pick off all dead or damaged leaves from your plants, so that they won't rot and foul up your aerogarden.
- Wipe the grow surface with a wet sponge or paper towel.
How to clean Aerogarden after the season?
Before you start the new seed kits, clean your aerogarden more thoroughly in the following way:
- Remove the deck and wash the bowl with soap and water.
- What if there's a layer of the mineral build up from nutrients that refused to come off? Soak it with white vinegar and leave for a while.
- Wash it off after the vinegar has dissolved the deposits.
- Repeat the treatment if necessary.
Caution: Never clean Aerogarden in the dishwasher! That would damage the plastic parts.
How to clean Aerogarden air stone?
- Remove the grow surface and gently pull off the air stone from the tube. Leave the tube in the bowl, so it can supply air and provide circulation.
- Put the stone under running water and scrub it with a delicate brush (toothbrush will do).
- Leave the Aerogarden air stone to soak for 24 hours in distilled vinegar to melt mineral debris inside
- Rinse well and leave for a day to dry out. Caution: Never dry stone in the oven or microwave! Let it dry out on its own.
- When it's completely dry, soak it for a day in 25% solution of bleach (1 part of bleach to 3 parts of water) to remove impurities. Caution: Protect your hands from contact with bleach, it's caustic!
- Rinse the air stone thoroughly, let it dry out. Now you can install clear air stone back in your Aerogarden.
If it seems like too much effort or the stone got damaged, consider buying a new air stone instead.
How to clean Aerogarden light bulb and pump?
To clean the Aerogarden light bulb use white vinegar - it can dissolve the mineral build up.
The pump cleanup procedure is complicated, so I recommend you see an official pump cleaning video tutorial.